Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Hello to all, and welcome to...whatever this will become.  I will be your tour guide through the life and times of a couple of crazy kiddos.

Ethan (little bear) is 3 years old.  He has been studying language since the day he was born, and man does he say some CRAZY stuff.  He has friends from when he was "a grown up"- some of whom have passed on to another place. (RIP Judge) He is vibrant, silly, funny and charming, and though he honestly can't figure out why I won't let him drive my car, he can figure out how to work the netflix on the "connection", and can give me directions on how to get us home. He currently delivers two knock knock jokes- my favorite- "Knock Knock",  "Who's there?", "Doris!" "Doris Who?" "Doris Shut! That's why I knocked!" Then he laughs for 20 minutes.

His sister was born when he was 22 months old. When we brought her home, he walked up, looked at her and said "Mommy, I don't like it!" and started to cry. This attitude toward her has not changed in the slightest.


Riley Grey (lady bug) is my baby, and she's not afraid to admit it.  She's 19 months old, and she's like a little Siren.  She will enchant you until you forget where you are.  She doesn't speak like her brother did at her age, but she's been singing since before she was a year old.  You don't get all the words, but you get the pitch, tune, and the rhythm. It truly is the sweetest thing EVER. And if she's not singing, she's dancing. Or screaming.  She has the bluest eyes, and the biggest smile. She loves Owls, dolls, airplanes, and trains. She has perfected the art of the tantrum, including but not limited to- head banging, slapping, foot stomping and shouting "No danggit!"  (It could be worse, right) Oh, and biting anything she can get her little mouth on.


And me...Well, I'm a working mom.  I'm short on time, patience, and money-just like every other parent in this world.  I can't wait to get home to my family every day.  My favorite thing is to lay in bed with Ethan at bedtime and talk about his day.  That's where I get the good stuff- It makes me happy.  I hope it makes you happy too.

So that's it- the all mighty introduction.  It's really not enough to let you know what these two are all about.  For that, you'll have to come back.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Julie! I'll be following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thank you for giving me this opportunity to laugh at your kids. I told Britt and my mom before - that Ethan sure has some wit, let alone being three. The kid should seriously have a stand-up show. I'm jealous of his comical talent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome to the blogosphere my friend! i can not wait to see what develops over on this site. good luck and keep writing. xoxoxo
    the girls

    ReplyDelete