Monday, March 12, 2012

The first conversation

We finally lucked out, and were actually home when the weather was good.  Viva la weekend!  We spent the majority of it outside.  Ethan and Riley sat in the caterpillar swing together,against E's better judgement.  The following conversation transpired. The FIRST conversation.

"I like to swing up ALL the way up into the sky!" He turned to his sister and said "Riley, do you like to swing up ALL the way into the sky?"

She nodded a grand nod.  "Yeah!" Uh-huh!" "Yeah!"

"WHY do you like to swing up high into the sky"? He asked.

"Dun-no, E-TAN!" She squealed! Raising one palm up and shrugging her shoulders.

Then I asked "why do you like to swing high up into the air Ethan"?

"Because I LOVE TO SWING HIGH UP INTO THE SKY!"

It will probably be another three months before they speak again! But it sure made us all laugh!




No comments:

Post a Comment