She loves Dora and "Dedago", rides her bike like a big girl, fears nothing, (except bugs.) Her hugs are as fierce as her dirtly looks, and her smile can bring me to my knees. She is the best cuddler that I have ever known. Her eyes melt my heart as much as her screams pierce my ears. She talks like there's no tomorrow, and if she runs out of material, she just starts making it up. Most of the time, she is singing.
She is sweet, beautiful, smart, funny, spoiled, imaginative. She can be shy and stubborn and sometimes mean. But most of the time, MOST of the time- she is still the perfect, tiny, innocent, beautiful 5lb 5oz baby girl that I brought home three years ago.
There are days when I can't help but wish that my kids were a little older and more able to take care of themselves. ( Most of the time I wish I was a little younger, and more able to keep up with their insanity.) But tonight I just wish I could stop it all, sit in the rocking chair with my baby girl, sing a little "She'll be coming around the mountain" with her and forget that she'll ever grow up at all...I can't believe she's three.
Because this blog is called "He said, She said", I feel like it's just no fun without a story, so here is the best story as of late, that I think sums up my little girl as she is TODAY.
A few days ago I woke up in the morning to her jumping (OK, maybe falling) on to my stomach. Of course yelling and ranting ensued, and we eventually all got out of bed. When I came downstairs, she wanted me to to pick her up. I was still a little sore (not in the literal sense) and I said
"I don't want to pick you up, you jumped on me!" Her reply was immediate, she said
"You still love me?"
(Me)"I ALWAYS love you."
(Riley)"So You forgive me?"
(Me)"Yes, I forgive you"
(Riley)"SO, pick me up!"
I picked her up....
"What? Me?"
Happy Birthday Riley. You'll always be my baby girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment